Sunday, January 4, 2009

I like cookies!

I've been wanting to bake cookies with Elijah all break, but it never seemed to happen. On New Year's Eve, I decided that it was time to stop doing normal things, and make sure that it gets done in 2008! We had a blast! Elijah was hysterical. His favorite part (aside from eating the cookies, of course) was using the hand mixer.

In fact, he loved it so much that when it was time to put it away, he had a meltdown...and a large-scale one at that! He was able to recover and finish. He helped me scoop the dough onto the pans, and then he had his first taste of cookie dough (take a look at his eyes and you can see how swollen they are from him crying!)!

Then, he waited oh-so-patiently, for them to bake in the oven.

After that, he had to wait for cookies to cool. It felt like he was waiting, and waiting, and waiting. He kept saying, "Hey mommy, I like cookies!"

Then, finally, it was time to chow down.

No comments: