Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Tribute to Stella



I have been searching for words that adequately describe the most amazing little girl that I have ever met, but I have come to realize that they just don't exist. One of my best friends, Shannon, lost her 23 month old daughter, Stella, last week. She had a terminal, undiagnosed metabolic disorder. She fought a long, hard fight, but was the most delightful little girl you could ever imagine. Stella lived with us for one month when she was well enough to come home from the hospital, and she became Elijah's best friend. Then, when she was back in the hospital, Elijah was able to visit her several times. I know I am a better person for having known Stella.

Elijah and Stella


Stella and her mommy, Shannon


Elijah visiting Stella in the hospital


Best buds, forever

No comments: